Spring Cleaning? Here’s Your Spring HVAC Checklist.
At the beginning of a new season, it’s important to check and maintain your heating and cooling equipment, especially in the spring as you prepare your home for warmer weather. Since Arizona has such a mild spring, it would be a good idea to check your indoor and outdoor HVAC unit.
Spring HVAC Checklist:
- Change the Air Filter– Changing your air filter can ensure that your HVAC system is receiving proper airflow and will help prevent your HVAC unit from overwork itself.
- Check All HVAC Unit Operations– Testing all of your HVAC system’s functions can help our technicians spot potential problems and resolve them before they become big issues. We want to make sure that all of your HVAC functions are working properly and that there aren’t any strange sounds or smells coming from the air handler or up through the vents.
- Clean the Indoor and Outdoor Portions of the Unit– Generally, HVAC systems are made up of an outdoor “Condenser Unit” and an indoor “Air Handler”. Cleaning the various components of these machines can help the system work more efficiently and can spot, or prevent future problems.
- Check Refrigerant Levels– Since the weather is warming up, you’ll want to make sure your AC is in perfect operating condition. If you don’t have enough freon, our technicians can recharge your system to prevent ice build-up or motor burnout.
- Schedule a Professional Tune-Up– Schedule an appointment with Mountain Peak Air to have your HVAC system professionally inspected to catch current problems and to prevent future problems.
Here in the Phoenix Valley, our climate jumps from 1 extreme to the other in a matter of weeks. That means that your HVAC has to be ready to transition from heating to cooling and back with little to no warning. Even without the extreme temperatures, the back and forth can have a big impact on your unit. Add to that our extreme weather conditions, like monsoon rain and dust storms, and minor problems can quickly turn into expensive repairs.
At Mountain Peak Air, we know what to look for to preempt spring and summer wear and tear. Give us a call and we’ll come out and provide you with a thorough HVAC inspection and quote for any necessary repairs.
Let Mountain Peak Air ensure that your unit is ready for the hotter weather on the horizon.